7 Ways to NOT Get Hacked!
7 ways you can be a more secure person - both at home and at work!
This security awareness training session, called 7 Ways to NOT Get Hacked, is aimed to arm employees with a good mix of general security knowledge and help them be more secure at work and home. Topics covered include:
- Picking awesome passwords - strategies to pick hacker-resistant passwords, a walkthrough of using password vaults, as well as an overview of places you should not store your password!
- Defending your digital identity - monitoring your online identity for hacks/breaches, and freezing your personal credit so attackers don't abuse it.
- Multi-factor authentication - what it is, how to use it, and why it makes your account 99.9% less likely to be compromised.
- Safe computing practices - how to better secure and care for your home and/or work computer.
- Backups - building a backup strategy, and why you can never have too many copies of your important information :-)
- Kill your curiosity - tips for sniffing out phishy emails and text messages, and tools to scrutinize links before you click them.
- Work securely while traveling - ways to keep your computer and work data safe and private at coffee shops and other public wifi hotspots.
Brian Johnson is the president of 7 Minute Security, which specializes in security assessments, penetration testing and training.
He is especially passionate about teaching others about security and hosts a weekly blog/podcast to help consumers and businesses strengthen their security posture.
When he isn’t camped out behind a keyboard, he enjoys outdoor activities with his family, as well as singing and playing guitar in an acoustic duo.